Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Freedom

This morning's edition of the National Post newspaper listed an article on the front page that caught my attention.  The subject of this article was the recently published Pastoral Letter on Freedom of Conscience and Religion, authored by the Permanent Council of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops.

As it turns out, I was at a meeting today where the subject of freedom of conscience was bantered about, specifically in light of the fact that the world in which we live today seems to be less and less open to such freedom, and chooses rather to effectively persecute those of us who profess such beliefs.

Then, this evening, I discovered the following video clip, put together some years ago.



It is, I believe, by no mere coincidence that all these events, discussions and pieces of wisdom have crossed my path, all in the same 24-hour period.

No comments: