Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Condolences to Argentina

Today, the Holy Father sent a telegram of condolence to Argentina, presenting his condolences on the occasion of the death of Cardinal Jorge Maria Mejia, former Archivist and Librarian of the Holy Roman Church.


Telegram of condolence
sent by the Holy Father, Pope Francis

Mister Alejandro Jaime Mejia
Colon, 135
1640 Martinez, Bs.as - Argentina

Distressed by the death of his brother, the beloved Cardinal Jorge Maria, former Archivist and Librarian of the Holy Roman Church, who for many years served with joy and competence in various capacities within the Holy See, I wish to extend my deepest condolences and to assure you of my prayers for him with whom I shared long years of friendship.  May the Lord grant peace to him who has served the Church with such faithfulness and generosity.

With faith in the Pascal mystery of Christ, who enlightens us with the hope of Christian life, and the memory of an evangelizing pastor who was dedicated to his mission, I invoke divine comfort at this time of suffering for you and for all his loved ones who are mourning his loss.  Upon all of you, I willingly impart my Apostolic Blessing.

Francis

No comments: