Monday, July 6, 2015

At the Shrine of Divine Mercy in Quayaquil

This morning, the Holy Father, Pope Francis left the Apostolic Nunciature in Quito and travelled to the international airport where, at 9:00am, he departed aboard the Alitalia A330 for Guayaquil.

Upon his arrival at the José J. de Olmedo international airport in Guayaquil, following a 50-minute flight, he was welcomed by the Archbishop of that city, His Excellency, Antonio Arregui Yarza and by local authorities.

The Pope then travelled by car to the modern National Shrine of Divine Mercy in Guayaquil.  During his visit to that place, the Holy Father spoke to the sick and to the elderly who were present.


Greetings of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
to the sick and the elderly
at the National Shrine of Divine Mercy, Quayaquil

Good morning! Let us pray to Our Lady, together:

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee…

Now I will celebrate Mass, and I hold you all in my heart. I will pray for each one of you, I will say to the Lord, You know the names of those who were there. I will ask Jesus for great mercy for every one of you; I will ask Him to care for you and to cover you with His mercy. May Our Lady always be by your side.

And now, before I leave – because I am on my way to Mass, and the Archbishop tells me we are running late – I will give you my blessing … I am not asking you to give me anything! But I ask you, please, to pray for me. Will you promise me?

May Almighty God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, bless you. Thank you for your Christian witness.

No comments: