Friday, July 10, 2015

Departing Bolivia

This morning, from the Viru Viru international airport in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, the Holy Father departed from Bolivia.

At the airport, the Pope was welcomed by the President of the State, Evo Morales, with whom His Holiness spent a few moments in private conversation before the national hymns were played and the respective delegations exchanged greetings.

The aircraft - an Alitalia A330 - carrying the Holy Father, departed for Asunción (Paraguay) at 1:00pm local time.  Arrival at the Silvio Pettirossi international airport in Asunción was estimated at 3:00pm local time, following a two-hour flight.


Telegram of the Holy Father, Pope Francis

As the aircraft left Bolivian airspace and passed over Argentinian airspace, the Holy Father sent telegrams to the respective Heads of State:

To His Excellency, Mister Evo Morales Ayma
President of the Plurinational State of Bolivia
La Paz

As I leave these beloved lands, I send my heartfelt greetings to Your Excellency, renewing my appreciation and my esteem for all the beloved Bolivian people.  I continue my voyage with the joy of having shared these days of grace and blessing with you.

Francis


Her Excellency, Ms. Cristina Fernández de Kirchner
President of the Republic of Argentina
Buenos Aires

Flying over my beloved homeland of Argentina in order to begin my pastoral visit to Paraguay, I gladly send my cordial greetings to Your Excellency, expressing my closeness to and affection for our beloved nation, and praying that the Lord may grant you the graces that will help you progress in human and spiritual values, and strengthening your commitment to justice and peace.

Francis

No comments: