Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Greetings for Amman's Royal Institute for Interfaith Studies

At 9:00am today (Rome time) in the small hall of the Paul VI Hall, the Holy Father, Pope Francis received in audience those who are participating in a dialogue with the Royal Institute for Interfaith Studies in Amman, organized by the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue.


Greetings of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
addressed to members of the Royal Institute for Interfaith Studies

It is a pleasure for me to welcome you.  And I thank you very much for coming here and for this greeting.

I am very, very happy about - and I remember it very well - my visit to Jordan.  It is a beautiful memory that I carry with me.

The work that you are doing is that of construction.  We live in a time that is faced with the destruction of war, and the work of dialogue, of growing closer and closer in our relationships always helps us to build.

In meetings such as these, the most important word is dialogue.  And dialogue takes us outside of ourselves: with words, and by listening to the words spoken by others.  The two words meet, two thoughts meet.  It is the first step of a journey.

Following this journey of words, hearts meet and begin a dialogue of friendship that ends up with hands helping one another.  Word, heart, hands.  It's simple!  A child can do it ... Why can't we?  And this is - small, small, small - the path of construction, of friendship, of society.  We all have a common Father: we are brothers.  Let us continue along this path, which is beautiful!  I thank you for your conviction that it is good to continue along this path.

Thank you very much, once again.  Finally, I ask you to pray for me and I promise to pray for you.  Thank you!

No comments: