Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Condolences to Dublin

The Holy Father, Pope Francis has sent a telegram of condolence to His Excellency, Diarmuid Martin, Archbishop of Dublin (Ireland), having received the news  of the death of His Eminence, Desmond Cardinal Connell, Archbishop emeritus of that same Archdiocese.


Telegram of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
for the death of Cardinal Desmond Connell

To the Most Reverend Diarmuid Martin
Archbishop of Dublin

I was deeply saddened to learn of the death of Cardinal Desmond Connell, and I extend my heartfelt condolences to you and to the clergy, religious and lay faithful of the Archdiocese. Recalling with gratitude Cardinal Connell’s years of generous priestly and episcopal ministry to the Archdiocese of Dublin, and his many contributions to the Church in Ireland, especially in the area of philosophical studies, I join you in commending his soul to the merciful love of Almighty God.

In the sure hope of the Resurrection, I cordially impart my Apostolic Blessing upon all who mourn the late Cardinal, as a pledge of consolation and peace in the Lord Jesus.

Franciscus

No comments: