Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Greetings to the World Meeting of Families

A few days before he is scheduled to visit Ireland, where he will participate in the World Meeting of Families, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent a video message today to those who are awaiting his arrival.


Video Message of His Holiness, Pope Francis
to participants taking part in the 
World Meeting of Families in Ireland

Dear friends,

While I am preparing to visit Ireland a few days from now for the World Meeting of Families, I send an affectionate word of greeting to all the Irish people: I am excited to think I'll come back to Ireland!

As you know, the World Meeting is a celebration of the beauty of God's plan for the family; it is also an occasion for families from every corner of the world to meet one another and to support each other as they experience their own special vocation.  Families, today, are facing many challenges in their efforts to embody faithful love, to raise their children with healthy values and to a leaven of goodness, love and mutual care in the wider community.  You know all of this.

I hope that this occasion will be a source of renewed encouragement for families from every corner of the world, especially for families who are there, gathered in Dublin.  May we all remember the essential place of the family in the life of society and in the building of a better future for the youth.  Young people are our future!  It is very important that we prepare our young people for the future, preparing them today, in the present moment, but with their roots fixed in the past: our young people and their grandparents.  This is very important.

Although the specific reason for my visit to Ireland will be the World Meeting of Families, I would like to embrace all members of the Irish family.  I am praying, in particular, that this meeting will help to promote unity and reconciliation among all of Christ's faithful, as a sign of the lasting peace that is God's dream for the entire human family.  I know hat many people are actively committed to preparing for my visit.  I thank you all very cordially.  I ask all of you to pray that this meeting may be a moment of joy and also of serenity, a caress in the tender love of Jesus for all families and, truly for every child of God.  I assure you of my closeness, my prayers and I invite you to pray for me, because I need your prayers.  With all my heart, I give you my blessing.

God bless you all. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

No comments: