Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Greetings for visitors from Teheran

This morning at 9:00am local time, in the atrium of the Paul VI Hall at the Vatican, the Holy Father, Pope Francis received in audience a group of people participating in a Colloquium organized by the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue and the Islamic culture and relations organization from Teheran (Iran).


Greetings of His Holiness, Pope Francis
for participants in the colloquium
with members of the 
Islamic culture and relations organization

Ladies and gentlemen,
Your Eminence,

I thank you very much for your visit which I appreciate very much.  I was very happy when the President of Iran came and also, I had a very good impression of your culture when your Vice-President visited with a group of professors.  This struck me positively, very much so, and I was pleased.

I am also pleased to see you here today, and I am also pleased that this very important dialogue is taking place.  I ask you not to forget to pray for me, because I need prayers; and I thank you for your willingness to enter into dialogue, to come close to one another and to promote fraternity.

May the Lord bless you.  Thank you.

No comments: