Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A letter sent home

The President of Argentina underwent surgery to treat bleeding in her brain.  Having heard of this, Pope Francis sent a letter home to Argentina today.


Message of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
to the President of Argentina
Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner

Her Excellency, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner
President of Argentina
Buenos Aires

Cristina,

In this particular moment, I want to assure you of my prayer for your swift return to full health.  As you do, I assure you of my prayer and my spiritual closeness during your time of recovery.  I ask the Virgin Mary, Our Lady of Lujan, to pray for you, that you may be strengthened, filled with hope and soon be able to resume your daily responsibilities.  Be assured that I remember your family in my prayer as well, especially in these difficult circumstances, along with the physicians.  I ask the Lord to bless you all, and the Holy Virgin to watch over you and to guide the doctors in their work.

Cordially,
Francis 

No comments: