Monday, August 12, 2019

Condolences to Mexico

The Holy Father has sent a message of condolence for the death of Cardinal Sergio Obeso Rivera, Archbishop emeritus of Jalapa (Mexico) which took place Sunday.


Telegram of Condolence

His Eminence, the Most Reverend
HipĆ³lito Reyes Larios
Archbishop of Xalapa (Mexico)

Having received the news of the death of Cardinal Sergio Obeso Rivera, Archbishop emeritus of Xalapa, I express to Your Excellency my sentiments of sorrow, asking that you may have the goodness to communicate my sympathy to the family of the deceased prelate and to all those who are part of the Archdiocese.

Remembering this selfless pastor who, for many years faithfully spent his life in service to God and to the Church, I pray that his soul may find eternal rest.  May the lord Jesus grant him the crown of glory that never ends and I impart to all of you my Apostolic blessing.

Francis

No comments: