Sunday, June 26, 2016

Telegrams on the way

During the flight from Yerevan to Rome, while passing over Turkey, Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia and finally re-entering into Italy, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegrams to each of the respective Heads of State.






While flying over Turkey
His Excellency, Recep Tayyip Erdogan
President of the Republic of Turkey
Ankara

As my return flight carries me over Turkey, I renew to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens my good wishes, and I invoke the Almighty's blessing upon your land.

Frnaciscus

While flying over Bulgaria
His Excellency, Rosen Plevneliev
President of the Republic of Bulgaria
Sofia

Flying over Bulgaria, returning from my visit to Armenia, I renew my best wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens, with the assurance of my prayers for your nation.

Franciscus

While flying over Serbia
His Excellency, Tomislav Nikolić
President of the Republic of Serbia
Belgrade

Flying over Serbia, on the return journey from my pastoral visit to Armenia, I wish to renew my best wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens, and upon all the nation, I invoke the blessing of Almighty God.

Franciscus

While flying over Montenegro
His Excellency, Filip Vujanović
President of Montenegro
Podgorica

As I fly over Montenegro on returning from Armenia, I extend once again my good wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens and the assurance of my prayers.

Franciscus

While flying over Bosnia-Herzegovina
His Excellency, Bakir Izetbegović
President of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo

As my return flight to Rome carries me over Bosnia and Herzegovina, I renew to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens my good wishes and the assurance of my prayers.

Franciscus

While flying over Croatia
Her Excellency, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović
President of the Republic of Croatia
Zagreb

Flying over Croatia on the return from my journey to Armenia, I renew to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens my best wishes and the assurance of my prayers for the Croatian people.

Franciscus

Re-entry into Italy
To His Excellency
The Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Palazzo del Quirinale, 00187, Rome

Upon my re-entry from my pastoral visit to Armenia, where I was able to meet various groups of the people and to express my esteemed affection to that Christian Community which is filled with history, and to urge them all to continue on the path of dialogue and concord, I extend to you, Mister President and to the beloved Italian nation, my best wishes and greetings, along with my hope for continued growth in favour of the needs of the people, especially of the family, the foundation of our shared existence and a remedy against the degrading of society.

Franciscus

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father back from his Apostolic Journey to Armenia landed at Rome's Ciampino airport shortly after 8:30pm, following a four-hour flight.

Before returning to the Vatican, Pope Francis went, as usual, to the Basilica of Saint Mary Major to thank Our Lady, the Salvation of the Roman People, for the successful outcome of his Apostolic Journey.

No comments: