Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Condolences to Opus Dei

The Holy Father has sent a telegram of condolence for the death of His Excellency, Javier Echevarría Rodriguez, Prelate of the Personal Prelature of Opus Dei.


Telegram of His Holiness, Pope Francis
for the death of the leader of Opus Dei

Monsignor Fernando Ocáriz Braña
Auxiliary Vicar of Opus Dei
Rome

Having just heard the sad news of the sudden death of His Excellency, Javier Echevarría Rodríguez, Bishop Prelate of Opus Dei, I want to send you and all the members of your Prelature my most sincere condolences, and at the same time inform you that I am united with you in offering gratitude to God for his paternal and generous testimony of priestly and episcopal life.  He followed the example of Saint Josemaría Escrivá and that of Blessed Álvaro del Portillo, who was the first of your family to offer his life in constant loving service to the Church and for souls.

I offer fervent prayers to the Lord for the repose of this faithful servant that He may grant him eternal joy and I entrust him to the maternal protection of our Mother, the Virgin of Guadalupe, on whose feast day his soul was delivered to God.

With these sentiments, and as a sign of faith and hope in the risen Christ, I bestow upon all of you the comfort of my Apostolic blessing.

From the Vatican
13 December 2016

Francis

No comments: