Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thanking the Apostolic Administration from Caucaso

At 11:00am today, in the Hall of Popes at the Vatican Apostolic Palace, the Holy Father, Pope Francis received in audience a delegation of the faithful from the Apostolic Administration of the Caucasus region, who have come to Rome to thank the Pope for his visit to Georgia from 30 September to 2 October of this year.


Greetings of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
for the delegation from the
Apostolic Administration of the Caucasus region

First of all thank you, thank you for your visit which recalls so many memories.

I would never have believed that I would have seen what I witnessed in Georgia: culture, spirituality, a people who praise Jesus Christ as the Saviour, a Christian people.  It was a great joy for me.

Also, another thing from the ecumenical standpoint that impressed me so much was the person of Patriarch Elijah II: simply said, I perceived in him a true man of God.  I know that there are many problems, but based on the positive proposals of His Excellency (Giuseppe Pasotto, C.S.S., Apostolic Administrator of Caucaso, Armenia), I believe that all will be well; it's a matter of finding a way, without forcing things, to walk together, slowly.

And I also remember with much sympathy, the gathering in the Cathedral ...; the questions posed by the laity ...; I witnessed the responsibility that the laity have taken in your local Church, and this is a great thing, something great!  Also the priests, the religious, everyone ... I have great memories ... And I thank you very much for all of it.  Go on ahead!  This work is a leaven, to help people to grow.

Thank you very much!  And don't forget to pray for me.  And now, I will give you my blessing.

No comments: