Sunday, November 26, 2017

Travel to Myanmar and Bangladesh begins

The Holy Father, Pope Francis began his 21st International Apostolic voyage this evening, this time destined for Myanmar and Bangladesh.

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father (an Alitalia A330) departed from Rome's Fumicino International airport at 10:10pm local time (GMT+1).

The flight is expected to arrive at the International airport in Yangon at 1:30pm local time (2:00am EST) on Monday, 27 November 2017.


Telegram of His Holiness, Pope Francis
addressed to the President of the Italian Republic

At the moment when he left Italian airspace en route toward Myanmar, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegram to the President of the Italian Republic, the Honourable Sergio Mattarella.

To His Excellency
The Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Quirinale Palace

At the moment when I am leaving Rome en route toward Myanmar and Bangladesh, a pilgrim of peace, to encourage the small but fervent Catholic community and to meet the believers of various religions, I am pleased to send to you, Mister President, my respectful greetings accompanied by my prayer for the Italian people, that you may look to the future with trust and hope, building up the common good by paying attention to the needs of all your citizens.

Francis

During the flight from Rome to Myanmar, while passing over Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and finally India before arriving in Yangon, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegrams to the respective Heads of State:

While passing over Croatia
Her Excellency, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović
President of the Republic of Croatia
Zabreb

As I fly through Croatian airspace on my Apostolic Journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh, I extend best wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens, and I assure you all of my prayers for peace and prosperity.

Francis

While passing over Boznia and Herzegovina
His Excellency, Dragan Čović
Chairman of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo

I offer best wishes and the assurance of my prayers as my journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh takes me over Bosnia and Herzegovina.  Entrusting Your Excellency and your fellow citizens to the Almighty, I willingly invoke upon you the blessings of joy and peace.

Francis

While passing over Montenegro
His Excellency, Filip Vujanović
President of Montenegro
Podgorica

As I travel over Montenegro on my Apostolic Visit to Myanmar and Bangladesh, I offer best wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens, with the assurance of my prayers that Almighty God may bless the nation with prosperity and peace.

Francis

While passing over Serbia
His Excellency, Aleksandar Vučić
President of the Republic of Serbia
Belgrade

As my journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh takes me through Serbian airspace, I send greetings to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens, with the assurance of my prayers for the peace and well-being of the nation.

Francis

While passing over Bulgaria
His Excellency, Rumen Radev
President of the Republic of Bulgaria
Sofia

As I fly through your airspace on my visit to Myanmar and Bangladesh, I offer prayerful best wishes to Your Excellency and to all the people of Bulgaria, and I invoke God's blessings of peace and strength upon the nation.

Francis

While passing over Turkey
His Excellency, Recep Tayyip Erdogan
President of the Republic of Turkey
Ankara

I send greetings to Your Excellency and the people of Turkey as I travel over the nation on my journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh.  Upon all of you I invoke the Almighty's abundant blessings of peace and strength.

Francis

While passing over Georgia
His Excellency, Giorgi Margvelashvili
President of Georgia
Tbilisi

As I travel over Georgia on my Apostolic Journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh, I offer Your Excellency and your fellow citizens the assurance of my best wishes and prayers, and I ask Almighty God to bless the nation with the gifts of peace and prosperity.

Frnacis

While passing over Azerbaijan
His Excellency, Ilham Aliyev
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Baku

As I travel over Azerbaijan on my Apostolic Visit to Myanmar and Bangladesh, I extend best wishes to Your Excellency and the people of the nation, with the assurance of my prayers that you may all be granted an abundance of divine blessings.

Francis

While passing over Turkmenistan
His Excellency, Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow
President of Turkmenistan
Ashgabat

As I travel through the airspace of Turkmenistan on my Apostolic Journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh, I offer greetings and the assurance of my prayers to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens that the Almighty may grant justice and peace to all the people of the nation.

Francis

While passing over Afghanistan
His Excellency, Ashraf Ghani
President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Kabul

I extend best wishes to Your Excellency and the people of the nation as I fly over Afganistan on my Apostolic Journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh.  With the assurance of my prayers for you, I invoke the Almighty's blessings of harmony and peace upon the nation.

Francis

While passing over Pakistan
His Excellency, Mamnoon Hussain
President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
Islamabad

I extend best wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens as I travel through Pakistani airspace on my Apostolic Journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh.  Invoking the divine blessings of peace and well-being upon the nation, I offer the assurance of my prayers for all of you.

Francis

While passing over India
His Excellency, Ram Nath Kovind
President of the Republic of India
New Delhi

As I travel through Indian airspace on my Apostolic Journey to Myanmar and Bangladesh,  I extend prayerful best wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens, and I invoke the divine blessings of concord and prosperity upon the nation.

Francis

No comments: