Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Video message to Bangladesh

The Holy Father has sent a Video Message to the people of Bangladesh just days before he leaves for an Apostolic Visit to that country - from November 30 to December 2, 2017.


Video Message of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
addressed to the people of Bangladesh

Dear friends,

While I am preparing to visit Bangladesh in just a few days' time, I wish to send a word of greeting and of friendship to all of her people.  I cannot wait for the moment when I we will be together.

I am coming as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, to proclaim his message of reconciliation, forgiveness and peace.  My visit seeks to confirm the Catholic community in Bangladesh in her faith and in her witness to the gospel, which teaches the importance of dignity for every man and woman, and calls us to open our hearts to others, especially to the poor and those who are in need.

At the same time, I wish to meet all the people.  In a special way, I cannot wait to meet the religious leaders at Rama.  We are living in a time when believers and men of good will in every place are called to promote reciprocal understanding and respect, and to support one another as members of the same human family.

I know that many in Bangladesh are working very diligently to prepare for my visit, and I wish to thank them all.  I ask each one of you to pray that the days I will spend with you will be a source of hope and encouragement for everyone.  Upon you and your families, I invoke divine blessings of joy and peace!  See you soon!

No comments: