Monday, June 4, 2018

Condolences to Nicaragua

The Holy Father, Pope Francis has sent a telegram to mark the death (which took place yesterday morning) of His Eminence, Miguel Obando Bravo, SDB, Archbishop emeritus of Managua (Nicaragua).  This telegram was sent to His Eminence, Cardinal Leopoldo José Brenes Solórazano, Archbishop of Managua.


Telegram of Condolence
for the death of Cardinal Obando Bravo 

Your Eminence, Cardinal Leopoldo José Brenes Solórzano
Archbishop of Managua

Having received the sad news of the death of the eminent Cardinal Miguel Obando Bravo, SDB, Archbishop emeritus of Managua, I express to Your Eminence my sentiments of sorrow, while I pray that you will kindly transmit my condolences to the members of the Society of Don Bosco, to the family members of the deceased prelate and to all those who are part of his beloved Archdiocese.

Also, remembering this selfless pastor who, for many years and with generous faithfulness, gave his live in service to God and to the Church, I offer prayers for the eternal repose of his soul; may the Lord Jesus grant him the crown of glory, and I impart to all of you my Apostolic benediction.

Francis

No comments: