Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hello

Today, I had a wonderful opportunity to chat with my godchild on the phone, even just for a few moments. She's away at the cottage with her family, so we had to content ourselves with Alexander Graham Bell's invention to help us catch up with each other.

Conversations at that age are simple, but filled with enthusiasm nonethelesss. Time spent in the sun, at the lake, and even discovering the joy of crafts can keep a child occupied for hours. Today she described for me the intricacies of creating a stained glass window using plastic forms and special paint that had to dry before you could hang the finished product in the window.

Oh, and she remembered to tell me about her brother's sticker book, a gift for his birthday, that she was playing with. I wonder if he ever found out that she was helping herself to this treasure ... and I wonder what the outcome of that discovery brought with it.

No comments: