Monday, December 28, 2009

A visit to the estate

Lunch behind us, our hunger pangs tended to, the next stop on the route took us to the Niagara wine region and the Hillebrand Wine Estates.

My first visit to this particular winery happened some months ago when I was in the region for a conference, and I liked what I saw so much that I thought I should pay a return visit. Actually on my first visit, we had enjoyed a delectable lunch in the restaurant (complete with tastings of the appropriate wine accompaniments), and then joined an organized tour of the vineland before visiting the boutique and being introduced to even more fruits of the labour performed in this place. It was during this visit that I was introduced to some of the gagets that have also been recently invented so that connaiseurs and ameteurs alike can get the most out of their wine tasting adventures, and thus I had to return in search of some ingenius gifts which I can now share with others.

Gifts in hand (and a little lighter of pocket) we returned home, ready to experiment with our new acquisitions, whenever the time is right. Oh, and no we did not add any bottles of the liquid gold to our purchases this time round ... that will have to wait until the next time.

No comments: