Sunday, July 14, 2013

Greetings for the staff of the Villas

At 9:00 this morning, the Holy Father, Pope Francis departed the Vatican by car and traveled to Castel Gandolfo.  Upon his arrival, at 9.30 am, in the Courtyard of the Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo, the Holy Father met with the employees of the Pontifical Villas. After the addresses of homage presented by the Bishop of Albano, HIs Excellency, Marcello Semeraro; the Director of the Pontifical Villas, Doctor Saverio Petrillo; and the Mayor of Castel Gandolfo, Mrs. Milvia Muniz, the Pope spoke with the employees and dignitaries who were gathered in the courtyard.


Greetings of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
for the employees of the Pontifical Villas

Dear brothers and sisters,

I would first like to thank the Bishop of Albano, the Mayor of Castel Gandolfo and the Director of the Pontifical Villas for their warm welcome; and my gratitude extends also to all of you and to the townspeople of Castel Gandolfo.  Thanks to each and everyone for your welcome!

I came here to spend a day meeting with citizens of Castel Gandolfo, with the pilgrims and all the visitors, who rightly love this place and are enchanted by its beauty.  Here you find a moment of relaxation .... But I have also come to express to you who work in these Pontifical Villas, my gratitude for your valuable work. And through you I greet and thank your families, who participate in some way in your service to the Holy See. The Lord will always help; he assists you in your work and your family life and fills you with His grace, accompanying you with his fatherly love.

The presence of the Bishop of Albano, His Excellency, Marcello Semeraro, gives me the opportunity to send an affectionate greeting to the parish community of Castel Gandolfo, and even to the religious communities who live in this area. I thank the whole Diocese of Albano, and I urge you to renew with joy and enthusiasm the commitment to proclaim and witness to the Gospel.

To Her Worship, Mrs. Milvia Muniz, Mayor of this city, and the entire City Council, I extend a sincere thank you for your work in the community. I ask you to convey my cordial greetings and assure you of my remembrance in prayer of the entire population, which I encourage to be a sign of hope and peace, always attentive to individuals and families in need. This is important! We must always be a sign of hope and peace at this time. Open the door to hope, so that hope may be made known and so that peace might be enjoyed, always!

At this time my thoughts turn to Blessed John Paul II and to Benedict XVI who loved to spend part of the summer in this papal residence. Many of you have been able to meet them and welcome them, cherishing fond memories. Their testimony here is always an encouragement in our daily fidelity to Christ and in the ongoing effort to lead a life consistent with the demands of the Gospel and the teachings of the Church.

Dear brothers and sisters, I entrust you to the maternal protection of the Virgin Mary - the day after tomorrow we will honor Our Lady of Mount Carmel - so that you can do your different tasks in a useful and serene manner. May Our Lady always watch over you and your families! And you too, pray for me - I need it - and pray too for my service. To each of you, I renew my gratitude and I cordially bless you. Thank you!

No comments: