Sunday, November 29, 2015

A visit to a refugee camp

At 12:15pm today, the Holy Father, Pope Francis went to visit at a refugee camp near the parish of St. Sauveur in Bangui.

The Pope was welcomed by many children who are resident in the camp.


Impromptu speech of His Holiness, Pope Francis
to residents of the refugee camp in Bangui

I greet all of you who are here.

I want to tell you that I have read what the children have written (on the signs): peace, forgiveness, unity and many other things .... love.  We should work and pray and do all we can for the sake of peace.  But peace without love, without friendship, without tolerance, without forgiveness ... isn't possible.  Every one of us has to do something.  My wish for all of you, for all Central Africans is peace, peace between you ... so that you can live in peace with everyone, regardless of ethnicity, culture, religion or social status.  Everyone at peace with others!  Everyone!  Because we are all brothers and sisters.  I would be so happy if we could all say together: We are all brothers and sisters. (The crowd repeated: We are all brothers and sisters).  Once more! (We are all brothers and sisters).  Because of this, because we are all brothers and sisters, we want to live in peace.


I will give you the Lord's blessing.  May the Lord bless you all: in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  Pray for me!  Pray for me, did you hear me? (Yes)

No comments: