Thursday, January 31, 2019

Greetings to the United Arab Emirates

This morning, the Holy See Press Centre published the text of a video message which the Holy Father, Pope Francis has sent to the people of the United Arab Emirates a few days prior to his Apostolic voyage to that country which will take place from 3 to 5 February 2019.


Video message of His Holiness, Pope Francis
addressed to the people of the
United Arab Emirates

Dear people of the United Arab Emirates,

Al Salamu Alaikum
Peace be with you!

I am happy that in a few days' time, I will visit your country, a land that seeks to be a model of coexistence, of human brotherhood and of encounter between different civilizations and cultures, where many find a safe place to work and live freely, while respecting diversity.

It makes me happy to meet a people that lives the present with an eye to the future. Sheikh Zayed, the founder of the United Arab Emirates, of honorable memory, correctly declared: True wealth does not reside only in material resources, but the true wealth of the nation resides in the people who build the future of their nation ... people are the true measure of wealth.

I sincerely thank His Highness, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who invited me to participate in the inter-religious meeting on the theme of Human Brotherhood and I am grateful to the other Authorities of the United Arab Emirates for the excellent collaboration, the generous hospitality and the fraternal welcome that has been so nobly offered to carry out this visit.

I thank my friend and dear brother the Great Imam of Al-Azhar, Doctor Ahmed Al-Tayeb, and all those who collaborated in the preparation of the meeting, for the courage and the will to affirm the fact that faith in God unites and does not divide; he approaches the distinction, away from hostility and aversion.

I am happy to have this opportunity offered to me by the Lord to write, on your dear land, a new page in the history of relations between religions, confirming that we are brothers while being different.

With joy, I look forward to meeting you and having the opportunity to greet you

eyal Zayid fi dar Zayid
the sons of Zayid in the house of Zayid

in a land of prosperity and peace, a land of sun and harmony, a land of sharing and encounter!

Thank you very much and we will see each other soon!  Pray for me!

No comments: