Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Condolences to the Spanish Military

Yesterday, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent condolences for the death of His Eminence, Cardinal José Manuel Estepa Llaurens, the former Military Ordinary (Bishop entrusted with the spiritual care of the Military) in Spain.  His Eminence died on Sunday of this week.


Condolences of the Holy Father, Pope Francis

Addressed to
His Excellency, Juan del Río Martín
Archbishop of the Military Ordinariate in Spain

Having received the news of the death of Cardinal José Manuel Estepa Llaurens, Archbishop emeritus of the Military Ordinariate in Spain, I ask Your Excellency to be so good as to share with his family members as well as the priests and faithful of the Military Ordinariate, my condolences and my spiritual closeness to all of you.

Recalling with gratitude the fruit of his constant and generous service to the Church, I offer prayers for his eternal rest, and at the same time, I willingly offer you my Apostolic blessing as a sign of faith and hope in the risen Christ.

Francis
Texto original en español

No comments: