Monday, July 22, 2019

Meet the new spokesman

On the first day of his new ministry, the newly-appointed spokesman for Vatican Media issued the following statement:

Today I begin my appointment as director of the Holy See Press Office, after serving there for ten years, in a spirit of service to the Pope and the Holy See, with the experience and strength at my disposal. I thank my colleague and friend Alessandro Gisotti for having generously and expertly led the Press Office in recent months.

I am aware of the delicate and decisive task of sharing information and I am sure that I will find support in my colleagues, of whom I have learned to know the value and professionalism in these intense years of work for the Holy See.

I thank the Holy Father for his trust and the Prefect of the Dicastery for Communication, Paolo Ruffini, for the support of the Dicastery, which I know I will miss.

No comments: