Sunday, July 4, 2010

Calls in the middle of the night

It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while there is an emergency that summons me to the hospital in the dark hours when most of the (local) world seems to be slumbering.

In this case, I was still deep in the throws of getting caught up with friends when my phone rang.  Result: I had to leave the reverie and make my way to the hospital.  Most of the other patients were well bedded down for the night, but the staff were still busy about their routines.

I wonder whether the person I went to visit will ever know that I was there, but then again, that's not important.  What is of note is the faith of his companions (his neighbours I'm told) who spoke with him earlier in the day (or was it the evening) and determined that he was ok with them calling me in.  The rest we leave in God's hands.

No comments: