Sunday, July 4, 2010

'Tis the season

'Tis the season .... for weddings, that is, and it seems this year that the majority of people have chosen July for their nuptials, not that there aren't other dates booked, but whereas there are still some 'gaps' in the schedule for other months, July is fully booked.

Evidence yesterday's happenings.  As it happens, there was a wedding here yesterday afternoon, but there was also another wedding at the church next door (and that doesn't always happen).  Apparently there was at least one guest who got turned around and ended up inside our establishment before he (or she) discovered that the wedding he (or she) was looking for was not here, but next door.

Was it a coincidence or not that I just happened to know both couples, so while I was present at one wedding, I was also invited to both receptions.  My rule of thumb: the first one who asks, I usually accept.  So it was that I was present at one wedding ceremony and at another reception dinner, where I actually caught up with some friends who I haven't seen for a number of years.  We had a wonderful time, chatting and catching up about people, places and things.

Since there are two gift openings today, which one should I seek out?

No comments: