Friday, March 15, 2013

Greetings to the Rabbi

On the day of his election as Bishop of Rome and Pastor of the Universal Church, His Holiiness, Francis penned and sent a note of greeting to the Chief Rabbi of Rome, Doctor Riccardo Di Segni. 



Distiniguished Lord
Doctor Riccardo Di Segni
Chief Rabbi of Rome

On the day of my election as Bishop of Rome and Universal Pastor of the Catholic Church, I address to you my cordial greetings, and announce to you that the Solemn Innauguration of my Pontificate will take place on Tuesday, March 19.

Trusting in the protection of the Most High, I fervently hope to be able to contribute to the advancing of relations which Jews and Catholics have enjoyed since the Second Vatican Council, in a spirit of collaborative renewal and at the service of a world that can be ever-more in harmony with the will of the Creator.

From the Vatican, 13 March 2013
Francis

No comments: