Friday, October 14, 2016

Condolences to Thailand

The Holy Father has sent a message of condolence to the Prime Minister of Thailand on the occasion of the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.


Message of condolence
for the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej

His Excellency Prayut Chan-o-cha
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand

I was deeply saddened to learn of the death of His Majesty, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, and I extend my heartfelt condolences to the Members of the Royal Family and to all the people of the Kingdom at this sorrowful time.

I pray that, as a fitting tribute to the late King’s legacy of wisdom, strength and fidelity, all Thais may work together to further the path of peace, and I willingly invoke upon all who mourn his passing the consolation of divine blessings.

Francis

No comments: