Monday, October 31, 2016

Rome to Sweden

This morning, the Holy Father's 17th International Apostolic Voyage began; this trip takes him to Sweden where he will mark the Lutheran-Catholic Common Commemoration of the Reformation.

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father (an Alitalia A321) departed from Rome's Fumicino International Airport around 8:30am local time and arrived at the International Airport in Malmö (Sweden) at 10:45am.


Telegram of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
to the President of the Italian Republic

At the moment when he left Italian territory, destined for Malmö (Sweden), the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegram to the President of the Italian Republic, the Honorable Sergio Mattarella:

To His Excellency
The Honorable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Palazzo del Quirinale
00187 Rome

At the moment when I am beginning my Apostolic Voyage to Sweden for the Ecumenical Commemoration of the fifth centenary of the Lutheran Reform and to meet the Catholic community, I am pleased to extend to you, Mister President, my respectful greetings accompanied with fervent wishes for the spiritual, civil and social well being of the Italian people to whom I willingly extend my blessing.

Francis
(Original text in Italian)

Telegrams to the Heads of State
during the flight from Rome to Malmö

Passing over Austria

Her Excellency, Doris Bures
President of the National Council
of the Republic of Austria
Vienna

As I fly over Austria on my way to Sweden for a pastoral visit, I send cordial greetings to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens.  I pray that Almighty God may bless you all with peace and strength, as I invoke divine blessings upon the nation.

Francis

Passing over Germany

His Excellency, Joachim Gauck
Federal President of the Federal Republic of Germany
Berlin

I extend cordial greetings to Your Excellency and the people of Germany as I fly over your country on my way to Sweden for a pastoral visit.  Invoking the blessing of Almighty God upon the nation, I pray that He may grant you all peace and well-being.

Francis

Greetings of the Holy Father aboard the flight
from Rome to Malmö

Good morning to all of you.  I thank you for your company and for your work.  This voyage is an important one because it is an ecclesial voyage, very ecclesial in the ecumenical sphere.  Your work will help many people to understand it, so that people can understand it well.  Thank you very much.

No comments: