Saturday, September 22, 2018

Rome to Vilnius

The Holy Father, Pope Francis' 25th International Apostolic Voyage began today, taking him to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father (an Alitalia A320) departed from Rome's Fumicino International Airport at 7:40am local time (1:40am EDT) and was expected to arrive at the International Airport in Vilnius (Lithuania) at 11:20am local time (4:20am EDT).


Telegrams of the Holy Father, Pope Francis

At the moment when he left Italian airspace en route to the Baltic States, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegram to the President of the Italian Republic:

To His Excellency
the Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Palazzo del Quirinale 00187 Rome

At the moment when I am preparing to leave for my Apostolic Voyage to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, I am pleased to send you, Mister President, and to all Italians, my affectionate and warm greetings as well as every cordial wish for peace and serenity.

Francis


Telegrams to Heads of State
en route from Rome to Vilnius

During the flight from Rome to Vilnius, as he passed through the airspace over Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia and Poland, the Holy Father sent the following messages to the respective Heads of State.

While flying over Croatia

Her Excellency, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović
President of the Republic of Croatia
Zagreb

As I fly over your country on my Pastoral Visit to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, I send cordial greetings to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens. Invoking divine blessings upon the nation, I pray that Almighty God may grant you peace and well being.

Francis

While flying over Hungary

His Excellency, János Áder
President of Hungary
Budapest

I send cordial greetings to Your Excellency as I fly over Hungary on my way to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.  I assure you of my prayers for the nation and its people, invoking upon you God's blessings of peace and prosperity.

Francis

While flying over Slovakia

His Excellency, Andrej Kiska
President of the Slovak Republic
Bratislava

I offer best wishes and the assurance of my prayers as my journey to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia takes me over the Slovak Republic.  Entrusting Your Excellency and the people of Slovakia to God's providential care, I willingly invoke upon all of you the blessings of joy and peace.

Francis

While flying over Poland

His Excellency, Andrezej Duda
President of the Republic of Poland
Warsaw

I send cordial greetings to Your Excellency as I fly over Poland on my way to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.  I assure you of my prayers for the country and its people, invoking upon all of you Almighty God's blessings of peace and joy.

Francis

No comments: