Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Greetings to the people of Mauritius

The Holy See Press Centre has published a Video Message of greeting and thanks which the Holy Father, Pope Francis has sent to the people of Mauritius just before his Apostolic Visit which will take place on 9 September 2019.


Video Message of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
to the people of Mauritius

Dear brothers and sisters of Mauritius!

The apostolic journey that will also take me to your beautiful island is now near. Already from here, I greet you with great affection from Rome, and I say a big thank you because I know that you have been preparing for this meeting for some time.

It will be a joy for me to announce the Gospel in the midst of your people, which stands out for having been formed by the meeting of different ethnic groups, and therefore enjoying the richness of various cultural and even religious traditions. From the beginning, the Catholic Church was sent to all people, and still speaks all the languages of the world. But the language of the Gospel - you know it - is love. May the Lord, through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, grant me the grace to proclaim the Gospel to you with the power of the Holy Spirit, so that all people may understand it and welcome it.

I ask you to please to increase your prayers in these days, while I already carry you in my heart and pray for you. Thank you, see you soon!
Testo originale nella lingua italiana
Texto en espaƱol

No comments: