Sunday, September 1, 2019

Video Message before his visit to Africa

The Holy See Press Centre has published a Video Message of greetings and thanksgiving that the Holy Father, Pope Francis has sent to the people of Madagascar just days before his Apostolic Voyage, which will take him to that country from 6 to 10 September, in response to the invitation issued by the highest authorities in that country.


Video Message sent by the Holy Father, Pope Francis
to the people of Madagascar

Dear brothers and sisters in Madagascar!

With the grace of God, in a few days I will be among you! I wish to extend my cordial greetings to you, along with thanks for all that you have done and are doing to prepare for my visit. Above all, I thank you for your prayers, both personal and in families, in parish communities, as well as in hospitals and prisons. Prayer knows no boundaries, and when I am in Madagascar, even if I can only visit a few places, but with prayer I will reach everyone, and for all of you, I will implore God's blessing.

Dear Malagasy friends, your country is famous for its natural beauty, and for this we say: Laudato si'!. It is our duty to care for it carefully. But there is another beauty that is even more dear to Christ and to the Pope: that of his people, that is your holiness! For this reason, I will come to confirm you in faith and at the same time to draw from it.

May the Holy Virgin obtain this gift for us. Thank you, see you soon!

No comments: