Monday, September 9, 2019

Madagascar to Mauritius

This morning, after having left the Apostolic Nunciature, the Holy Father, Pope Francis travelled by car to the airport in Antananarivo (Madagascar) where, at 7:20am local time (12:20am EDT), he boarded an Air Madagascar B737-800 for his flight to Mauritius.  The aircraft arrived at the airport in Port Louis (Mauritius) at 10:25am local time (2:25am EDT).

Immediately after leaving Antananarivo, the Pope sent the following telegram to the President of the Republic of Madagascar.


Telegram of His Holiness, Pope Francis
addressed to the President of the Republic of Madagascar

His Excellency, Andry Rajoelina
President of the Republic of Madagascar
Antananarivo

As I leave Madagascar to continue my Apostolic journey to Mauritius, I renew my deep gratitude to Your Excellency, the government and the beloved people of Madagascar for your warm welcome and generous hospitality.  Invoking abundant divine blessings upon all of you, I offer the assurance of my prayers for peace and harmony in the nation.

Francis

No comments: