Friday, January 7, 2011

An idea germinating

For some time now, others have been suggesting that I should write a book but, lacking a clear idea about what such a work might focus on, I'm still tempted to be a bit shy about embarking on the odyssey.

Then, this morning, an idea dawned.  It's still not much of an idea, but maybe.

You see, this person loves to travel, and this person loves to cook.  Sooo ... I'm thinking that perhaps I should do a collection of travel narratives and combine them with some of the recipes (exotic and otherwise) that I've managed to collect over the course of years.  Like any good adventurer, part of the discovery includes the people who call different lands home, and part of getting to know people is getting to know their cuisine.

What then would a grouping of my favorite places, and dishes look like?  Is there an interest or a market for such a collection? or am I just repeating what someone else has already dreamed about.  There are already cooking shows that focus on the cuisines of lands near and far, and I'm sure there are already scores of such chronicles.  The question is, is there room for another?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a pretty good idea... People LOVE exotic cuisine... but reading about the customs and seeing pictures showing us those exotic lands would enhance the experience, in my opinion. Your travel blogs are fascinating; I must admit I prefer those to some of your other entries... I'm sure you would find a way to share both of these passions of yours very distinctively...

This being said... when do you think you'll have time to put this all together? Are you planning to stop sleeping?

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Always.