Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yet another surprise

The wheels touched down at Billy Bishop just minutes after 4:00 pm local time, and we were off on foot to the next destination.  For weeks now, plans had slowly been put in place (but kept secret from some), and finally they were coming to fruition.

Only minutes away from the place of touch down the gathering space for the birthday party was waiting, and even better, the guest of honor answered the ringing phone and let me into the building, without recognizing my voice.  Up to the residence in the skies, and then into the door all the while unexpected, I then walked into the room and greeted the guest of honor, who stood agape in surprise.

Only yesterday I had been speaking with him and even though some allusion had been made to the fact that I should come to the party, there was still no inkling that I would actually show up.  The initial shock gave way quickly to joyful surprise, and yet another moment for celebration was well off to the races.  Add several members of the family to the mix, and the party was a raving success.

What will we ever do for an encore?  The actual birthday is tomorrow ...

No comments: