Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Catching the wave

This morning, I had a visit from one of the local radio personalities, the current host of a local afternoon progam called Points North. He wanted to chat with me about the various ways that we have been using the web to share the good news of the gospel.

To be sure, I wasn't quite sure how this visit would go, but it turned out to be a very pleasant experience. He asked about how the decision was made to use the web in this way, and so I explained gladly how the website for the parish I am currently assigned to got updated (and keeps getting updated), as well as how we decided to include full texts of homilies as well as podcasts of the reflections we share here every week.

The newest addition to these technological advances was the addition of a blog. My first attempt at this new genre of written communication was Lectio Divina, but about a year or so ago, I decided to continue the reflections with this site.

Perhaps to some, this use of modern technology might seem a bit strange but then again, even the Holy Father has encouraged us to use technology in any way we can to share the good news of Christ's message. Wouldn't Jesus himself do the same if he were walking the earth today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Padre! Your innovations are being recognized!