Wednesday, March 3, 2010

From half-way around the world

There is a comercial on television these days that is selling OREO cookies. The story line involves some play time between a father and his son, each of whom is enjoying a cookie (complete with the requisite glass of milk). Only as the exchange is complete do we discover that the two are interacting courtesy of a video chat line and that one of them is at the end of his day while the other is at the beginning of his.

This morning (in the city where I live), I discovered a note that had been left on my SKYPE accout from an aquaintence who happens to be in Korea. I had recently added him as one of my contacts, and requested that he allow me to chat with him. Having discovered the note there, I promptly responded and before long we were carrying on a text conversation, but soon I invited him to consider adding video so that we could see one another. It was a wonderful surprise both for me and for him. He's there for a year, so I invited him to share some of his adventures with us so that we could follow his discoveries. He gladly sent me the contact information for his blog (which I've also added in by blog list.

Congratulations John Paul. Keep in touch.

No comments: