Friday, March 22, 2013

Prayer for the Year of Faith


Spirit of the living God, blessed are you for the gift of faith,
By faith we contemplate the Risen One:
blessed is he who believes without seeing.
Come, cleanse me in the faith of my baptism.


Spirit of all clarity, blessed are you for the light of faith.
By faith we desire to live the Gospel:
blessed are the poor, the Kingdom of God is theirs.
Come, enlighten me on the road to happiness.
 

Spirit of charity, blessed are you for the light of faith.
By faith, we welcome your commandment:
love one another as I have loved you.
Come, renew in me the love for all my brothers and sisters.
 
Spirit of truth, blessed are you for the beauty of faith.
By faith, we proclaim Jesus as Lord:
I am the way, the truth and the life.
Come, help me recall HIs life-giving words.
 
 
Spirit of communion, blessed are you for unity in faith.
By faith we ask for peace for the Church:
That all may be one, as you and I are one!
Come, elicit through me reconciliation.
 
Spirit of holiness, blessed are you for the mystery of faith.
By faith, we listen to the Word of God:
Be holy, because I, your God, am holy.
Come, sanctify in me the love for God.
 

No comments: