Saturday, January 31, 2015

Greetings to a new President

This morning, the Vatican Press Centre published the text of a telegram which was sent by the Holy Father to the newly-elected President of the Republic of Italy: the Honourable Sergio Mattarella.


Telegram of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
to the newly-elected President of the Republic of Italy

To His Excellency
the Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President elect of the Republic of Italy
Quirinale Palace
00187 Rome

I am pleased to send you expressions of my congratulations for your election to the Supreme Courts of the State of Italy and, while I trust that you will exercise this highest office in a spirit of service and unity for the good of the entire country, I invoke upon your person the constant divine assistance for illuminated guidance toward the promotion of the common good of all and the promotion of authentic human and spiritual values for the Italian people.  With these wishes, I send my Apostolic Blessing to you and to the entire nation.

Francisus

No comments: