Saturday, June 6, 2015

Departure for Bosnia and Herzegovina

This morning, the Holy Father began his eighth international voyage to Bosnia and Herzegovina.  The theme of this visit is Peace be with you (Jn 20:19).

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father, an Alitalia A320, left Rome's Fumicino International airport shortly after 7:30am.  The scheduled arrival time in Sarajevo is 9:00am.


Telegrams of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
addressed to the Heads of State

As he left the territory of Italy and crossed into Croatian airspace en route to Sarajevo, the Holy Father sent the following messages to the respective Heads of State:

To His Excellency, the Honorable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Republic of Italy
Quirinale Palace
00187 Rome

At the moment in which I am preparing for my Apostolic Visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina, in order to promote the meeting and dialogue between various cultures and religions, to strengthen the journey of unity between Christians and to confirm the Catholic community in faith, it is my pleasure to extend to you, Mister President and to the entire Italian nation, my cordial greetings together with my fervent wish for spiritual, civil and social progress.

Francis


To Her Excellency, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović
President of the Republic of Croatia
Zabreb

I send cordial greetings to Your Excellency and to your fellow citizens as I fly over your country at the beginning of my Apostolic Journey to Bosnia and Herzegovina.  I pray that Almighty God may guide the entire nation in the ways of peace, justice and the common good.  Upon you and all the Croatian people, I invoke the Lord's abundant blessings.

Francis

No comments: