Saturday, June 6, 2015

Sarajevo to Rome

Having concluded the meeting with youth, the Holy Father then travelled to the International airport in Sarajevo where he was welcomed by the Croatian member of the Presidency, Mister Dragan Čović for the departure ceremony.

Shortly after 8:30pm, Pope Francis left Sarajevo aboard an Alitalia A320 destined for Rome.


Telegrams of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
to various Heads of State

As he left Bosnia and Herzegovina, flying through Croatian airspace and then on to Rome, the Holy Father sent messages to each of the Heads of State.

His Excellency, Mladen Ivanić
Chairman of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo

As I depart Bosnia and Herzegovina for my return flight to Rome, I wish to express anew my deep gratitude to you and your fellow citizens.  Invoking upon all of you abundant divine blessings, I assure you of my prayers for peace, reconciliation and well-being throughout the entire country.

Francis


Her Excellency, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović
President of the Republic of Croatia
Zagreb

I renew my cordial greetings to Your Excellency and to all the people of Croatia as I return from my Apostolic Journey to Bosnia and Herzegovina.  I ask the Lord to bless each of you with peace and joy.

Francis


His Excellency, the Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Republic of Italy
Quirinale Palace
00187 Rome

Returning from my Apostolic Journey to Bosnia and Herzegovina, where I have travelled as a pilgrim of peace, I express to you, Mister President and to the beloved Italian people my good wishes and greetings together with a special prayer for concord and for the good of the entire nation, upon which I impart a special Apostolic Blessing.

Francis

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father, Pope Francis landed at Rome's Ciampino airport around 10:00pm.  The Pope then returned to the Vatican.

No comments: