Saturday, June 27, 2009

Interruptions

'Because of you I've gotten no work done today'.

Believe it or not, I think this was actually meant as a complement. I had called a friend to check in and to suggest that we should have lunch together today. It took a bit of scheming and planning, but we finally decided on the venue, so once we'd worked out the timing the rest was easy.

It turned out to be another glorious day today, so lunch on the patio was a wonderful surprise for both of us, recalling many happy memories for my companion, and providing a treasured moment for relaxation in the warmth of the summer afternoon for us both.

Later on in the afternoon, once we had both returned to our respective homes and the tasks at hand, my companion called to check in with me, and to remind me once again that I had interrupted her plans to get so much done today. Judging by the fact that we both enjoyed lunch so thoroughly, I'll take this comment as a complement and return the thank you for a moment in the sun that was truly a blessing to be savoured.

No comments: