Friday, June 5, 2009

When Bethany comes

It seems that I had only just returned to this location, and was still reeling from the sudden shock of reality when some expected and warmly welcomed guests arrived at the door.

It's a wonderful blessing that I still have lots of family, even though they are so far away for most of the time. This afternoon, four of them and another dear friend arrived and will be staying for the weekend. When other people arrive, I often feel the need to entertain, but when family arrives, they are quite capable of entertaining themselves, so the busy schedule that is unfolding for this weekend will not be a hinderance to them making themselves at home.

I can't help thinking what a great blessing it is to have family around, and especially family that deeply loves and supports in ways that only they can. There's a special love between parents and children that can't be imitated or replaced, and those who have experienced this depth of constant support are truly blessed.

It's usually the case that I must leave this place and travel to the Bethany that is our family home, but it's especially wonderful when it comes to me.

No comments: