Thursday, June 1, 2017

Condolences for the death of Cardinal Husar

The Holy Father, Pope Francis has sent a telegram of condolence for the death of His Eminence, Cardinal Lubomyr Husar, Major Archbishop emeritus of Kyiv-Halyč (Ukraine).


Telegram of Condolence
for the death of
His Eminence, Cardinal Lubomyr Husar

His Beatitude, Sviatoslav Shevchuk
Major Archbishop of Kyiv-Halyč

I have learned the news of the death of Cardinal Lubomyr Husar, Major Archbishop emeritus of Kyiv-Halyč and I am raising fervent prayers to God that He will grant eternal rest to this zealous pastor.

I unite myself spiritually with the faithful of your diocesan community where he exercised his pastoral ministry, adopting it with solicitude for the renewal of the Greek-Catholic Church.  I recall his tenacious fidelity to Christ, despite deprivations and persecutions against the Church, as well as his fruitful apostolic work in favour of organizing the Greek Catholic faithful descendant from the families who were forcibly transferred from Eastern Ukraine, and his ability to always find new paths toward dialogue and collaboration with the Orthodox Churches.

While expressing my condolences to the family of this accomplished man of the Church, to the clergy and to all those who have benefited from his Episcopal ministry, with all my heart I impart the comfort of my Apostolic blessing as a sign of Christian faith and hope in the risen Lord.

Francis

No comments: