The meeting began yesterday morning and concludes on Wednesday.
The Council of Cardinals consists of the following nine prelates:
- Cardinal Giuseppe Bertello, President of the Pontifical Commission for the Vatican City State;
- Cardinal Francisco Javier Errazuriz Ossa, Archbishop emeritus of Santiago, Chile;
- Cardinal Oswald Gracias, Archbishop of Bombay, India;
- Cardinal Reinhard Marx, Archbishop of Munich, Germany;
- Cardinal Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya, Archbishop of Kinshasa, Congo;
- Cardinal Sean Patrick O’Malley, Archbishop of Boston, USA;
- Cardinal George Pell, Prefect of the Secretariat for the Economy;
- Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, Honduras; and
- Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Vatican Secretary of State.