Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Technology in the Classroom

Coffee mug in hand I set out today for my weekly visit with the students at St. David's School. Today on the menu for breakfast was raisin toast and huge red grapes. They were really sweet. This week I had the privilege of having breakfast with students in the Grade 4/5 class, who I was told, were all very techno-savvy.

While I was chomping on toast, some of the students were reading books while others were using iPads to play "Where's Jesus" "Catholic Quiz"and looking up passages on "The Bible App".  We had lots of fun, they found Jesus faster than I did. Father Tony even got one of the answers wrong on the quiz. Next time I'll remember the first of the Luminous Mysteries.

Today was my second experience with the Smartboard. We tried to name the provinces but technology doesn't always cooperate. Thankfully we thought quickly and started to compose today's entry. Mrs. Gran's spelling was put to the test (she played scribe while I composed verbally with help from the students), but she passed.

Today I learned a lot about technology in the classroom, and about how wonderful kids can use technology to learn and to teach...and I'm still looking for Jesus. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always Father Tony - another fantastic entry - I so enjoy your blog!!... and am also a Where's Jesus fan on my ipad with my daughter - fun game!!

Gina Tullio

Dawn Wemigwans said...

I look forward to reading your blog each week! You have the most beautiful, positive outlook on life -- and I truly appreciate it.

Dawn