Saturday, April 29, 2017

Departure from Cairo

At 4:45pm this afternoon, at the Cairo international airport, there was a departure ceremony held to mark the departure of the Holy Father, Pope Francis from Egypt.  Present to bid His Holiness farewell was the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt, Mister Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi and an honor guard.

The Pope boarded the Alitalia A321 shortly before it departed - minutes after 5:00pm local time - for the return flight to Italy - after a three-hour flight.


Telegram of His Holiness, Pope Francis
to the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt

Immediately after the departure of his flight from Cairo, Pope Francis sent the following message by telegram to the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt, Mister Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi:

His Excellency, Abdel Fattah Al Sisi
President of the Arab Republic of Egypt
Cairo

As I leave Egypt, I wish to express my deep gratitude to Your Excellency and to all the beloved Egyptian people for your warm welcome and hospitality.  With the assurance of my prayers, I invoke upon the nation the divine blessings of peace and joy.

Francis


During the flight from Cairo to Rome, while passing through Greek airspace on the way back to Italy, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following messages:

Greece

His Excellency, Prokopis Pavlopoulos
President of the Hellenic Republic
Athens

As I return from my pastoral visit to Egypt, I wish to renew to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens the assurance of my prayers and best wishes for Greece and all its people.

Francis

Italy

To His Excellency
The Honorable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Palazzo del Quirinale - 00187 Rome

Upon my return from visiting in Egypt, where I met that noble people, rich in history, culture and spirituality, I express to you, Mister President, my good wishes and greetings and I assure you of a special prayer for the good of and the prosperity of the entire Italian nation upon which I invoke celestial blessings.

Francis

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father returned from Egypt and arrived at the Ciampino international airport at 8:10pm local time in Rome.

No comments: