Friday, April 28, 2017

Rome to Cairo

His Holiness, Pope Francis' 18th international Apostolic Voyage, which takes him to Egypt, began this morning.  The aircraft carrying the Holy Father (an Alitalia A321) departed from Rome's Fumicino international airport at 11:07am local time today, and is expected to arrive in Cairo at 2:15pm local time (EDT+6).


Telegram of His Holiness, Pope Francis
to the President of the Italian Republic

At the moment when he left the territory of Italy on his way to Egypt, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegram to the President of the Italian Republic.

To His Excellency
The Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Palazzo del Quirinale 00187 Rome

At the moment in which I leave Rome en route to Egypt on a pilgrimage of peace, to meet with the Catholic community and with believers of various faiths, I am pleased to send to you, Mister President, my respectful greetings which are accompanied by fervent wishes for the spiritual, civil and social well being of the Italian people, and I willingly send you my blessing.

Francis


Telegram of His Holiness, Pope Francis
to the President of Greece

During the flight from Rome to Cairo, while flying above Greece, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegram to the President of Greece.

His Excellency, Prokopis Pavlopoulos
President of the Hellenic Republic
Athens

As I fly over Greece on my way to Egypt for a pastoral visit, I send cordial greetings to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens.  I pray that the Almighty may bless you all with peace and strength, as I invoke divine blessings upon the nation.

Francis

No comments: