Saturday, May 13, 2017

Telegrams on the way back

During the flight from Portugal to Rome, while passing over Spain and France before re-entering Italy, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following messages to the respective Heads of State:


Spain

His Majesty, King Felipe VI
Kingdom of Spain
Madrid

As I return from my pastoral visit to Portugal, I wish to renew to Your Majesty and the beloved Spanish people the assurance of my prayers and best wishes for you all.

Francis

France

His Excellency, François Hollande
President of the French Republic
Paris

As I return from my pastoral visit to Portugal, I wish to renew to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens the assurance of my prayers and best wishes for France and all its people.

Francis

Italy

To His Excellency
The Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Palazzo del Quirinale 00187 Rome

As I return from Portugal, where I have made a pilgrimage to the Sanctuary of Fatima and met with the sick from various countries including a significant representation of the beloved Italian people, I express to you, Mister President, my cordial greetings while remembering this significant spiritual experience in thanksgiving to the Lord and to those - who also in Italy - have worked with professionalism and dedication to provide a precious opportunity for the sick and the suffering.

With these thoughts, I assure you of a special prayer for the good of the relations of concord and joy among the citizens of Italy to whom I impart my blessing.

Francis

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father on his return from the pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima on the occasion of the centenary of the Apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary at the Cova da Iria landed at Rome's Ciampino Airport at 7:20pm.

No comments: