Friday, March 29, 2019

Greetings to the people of Marocco

Yesterday, the Holy See Press Centre published the transcription of a video message which the Holy Father, Pope Francis has sent to the people of Marocco just days before his Apostolic voyage to that country which will take place this weekend.


Transcription of the Video Message of His Holiness
addressed to the people of Marocco

Dear people of Morocco!
As-Salamu Alaikum!

Soon I shall be arriving for a two-day visit to your country, and I thank God for granting me this opportunity.

I am grateful to His Majesty, King Mohammed VI for his kind invitation, and to the Moroccan authorities for their diligent cooperation.

Following in the footsteps of my predecessor Saint John Paul II, I come as a pilgrim of peace and of fraternity, in a world which has great need of both. As Christians and Muslims we believe in God the Creator and Merciful One, who has created men and women and placed them on the earth so that they might live together as brothers and sisters, respecting each other’s diversity and helping each other in their need. He has entrusted the earth – our common home – to them, to care for it responsibly and to preserve it for future generations.

It will be a joy for me to share these firm convictions with you directly at our meeting in Rabat. This journey also offers me the invaluable occasion to visit the Christian community in Morocco and to encourage its progress. I will meet migrants too, who represent an appeal to build together a more just and fraternal world.

Dear Moroccan friends, I already express my heartfelt thanks for your welcome, and above all for your prayers; and I assure you of my own prayers for you and for your dear country.

See you soon!
Original text in Italian
Texte en français
Texto en español

No comments: