Friday, April 10, 2020

Gratitude for the Via Crucis meditations

The Holy Father, Pope Francis sent a Message to the faithful belonging to the Parish of the Due Palazzi (Two Palaces) prison in Padua, to whom he had entrusted the preparation of the texts for the meditations and the prayers for this year's Good Friday Via Crucis.  The annual Stations of the Cross will take place later today in Saint Peter's Square.


Message of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
in gratitude for the mediations

Dear friends of the Two Palaces parish in Padua,

I have read the mediations for the Via Crucis which together you have all donated. I took up residence in the folds of your words and I felt welcomed, at home. Thank you for sharing a piece of your story with me. God tells about himself and speaks to us in a story; he invites us to listen attentively and mercifully. I also want to thank you because you shared your names not in the sea of anonymity, but as part of the many people linked to the prison system. Thus, in the Via Crucis, you will lend your story to all those in the world who share the same situation. It is comforting to read a story in which many stories can be found, not only those of the prisoners, but of all those who are passionate about the world of prisons. Together, it is possible. Together. I embrace you warmly. Although I am sure that Don Marco always reminds you, I ask you: please pray for me. I always carry you in my heart. Thank you.
Testo originale nella lingua italiana
Texto en espaƱol

No comments: